A wedding in the middle of June might sound like a great idea in theory, but with summer weather comes extreme heat. This can put a real damper on the big day, especially for your guests. So, to help you stay cool on your wedding day, we have put together a few tips and tricks to beat the heat::
- Keep your guests cool by keeping plenty of cold drinks on hand. Sugar and alcohol can actually dehydrate you so be sure to have a variety of non-alcoholic beverages readily available as well.
- When selecting your venue, think about choosing something near water. Not only is this a great backdrop for your ceremony but the breeze off the water will actually go a long way to keeping your guests cool and comfortable.
- Avoid having your ceremony during hours that are known to be the hottest (12-4 PM) Instead, opt for a later ceremony at dusk or even at night.
- Pass out sunscreen to guests. Send your guests home with a party favor- not a sunburn.
- Avoid metal chairs. When left out in the sun, they can become very hot, very fast.. Opt for wooden chairs instead. They are a comfortable alternative and unlike metal, will not conduct heat.
- Rent a tent. Tents can provide a great atmosphere for you and your guests while keeping the temperature down. Just be sure to avoid clear tents as they tend to lock in humidity.
- Treat your guests to a refreshing treat such as ice cream or popsicles instead of traditional wedding cake.